Thursday, October 02, 2008

She has opposed a supreme court decision

I'm sure most of you have already seen Sarah Palin with Katie Couric not being able to recall a supreme court decision that she has opposed. If not, here it is again.



I am actually somewhat surprised at Governor Palin's gaffe here. She spoke at length just last June about the Supreme Court's decision to reduce the Exxon Valdez settlement to Alaska by $2.5 billion. She obviously opposed the court's decision.

Take a look.



It is interesting that Governor Palin is 'against' the oil companies when it means billions of dollars for Alaska. I don't know that this position would sit well with the 'drill, baby, drill' crowd. Regardless, I want to know why she couldn't answer Katie Couric's question with this example since she was obviously very much involved with it just a few months ago.

Hat tip to my new favorite blog, Progressive Alaska.

5 comments:

b1umb0y said...

Right to choose...

ND Citizen said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure I understand what it has to do with this post, though. Care to elaborate?

b1umb0y said...

Sorry, I meant to type 'a woman's right to choose...' alluding to the abortion rulings made by the Supreme Court which I am certain she disagrees with. I guess I shouldn't reply to these things at work. :(

ND Citizen said...

Ah, yes. In the interview they were talking about Roe v Wade. Katie Couric asked Palin if she could name another supreme court case that she disagreed with.

b1umb0y said...

Well, I guess I also need to watch more TV. :| Sadly, I only saw excerpts. Thank you for the clarification.