Friday, September 05, 2008

Geriatric Old Party

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z z z z z z z z z z z . . . . . . . .

I actually fell asleep last night during McCain's speech. I won't rehash all the opinions about the speech that I agree with. There's enough of that out on the blogosphere. Let me just say a few words about my observations of the evening.

Did anyone else see a tired old party of white folks (with a few token minorities) trying to get excited about a tired old McCain as he was droning on and on? The only excitement was when he talked about Sarah Palin. That got lots of cheers from the crowd. 

Did anyone else get the feeling they Grand Old Party is just plain old now? They live in the past. They are trying to rest on the laurels of Lincoln and Truman and Reagan as they said repeatedly throughout the week. 

McCain regurgitated the same old party policies that have failed in the past. He told us very sincerely about his POW story. I feel for the guy. He did a lot and endured a lot. But he didn't tell us what he was going to change.

There is a reason I am a democrat. We are progressives. We look to the future with a remembrance of the past. Not look to the past trying to go back.

Sorry GOP, you can't turn back the clock. You can't ignore the last 8 years of your failed policies. It doesn't work that way.

After these two weeks of conventions I'm more convinced than ever that the GOP belongs in the past. I'm looking forward to an Obama/Biden administration that will move us forward into the future. The 20th century is long gone already. It's time we joined the 21st.

No comments: