Monday, November 06, 2006

Religion: Still a Hypocrite

So, I haven't commented on the whole Ted Haggard thing until now. I'm not sure whether to pity or loathe the man. He has recently all but confessed to his "sins". But Ted still thinks that god can somehow heal him of his 'homodisease'.
"The fact is, I am guilty of sexual immorality, and I take responsibility for the entire problem."

"I am a deceiver and a liar. There is a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I've been warring against it all of my adult life."

"Our church's overseers have required me to submit to the oversight of Dr. James Dobson, Pastor Jack Hayford, and Pastor Tommy Barnett. Those men will perform a thorough analysis of my mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical life. They will guide me through a program with the goal of healing and restoration for my life, my marriage, and my family. "
You really should read his letter. I'm sure it was hard for him to write. But, I don't think he can redeem himself simply by asking for prayer and forgiveness.

What I wonder is if he really means the things he preaches. If he truly believes homosexuals are evil and all the bullshit that he says on the pulpit, then I feel very sorry for him. How tortured his life must be. On the other hand, perhaps he simply was corrupted by the power and the money of his position and he really doesn't believe the crap he spouts. In that case, he is a supreme hypocrite preying on his flock.

Either way it's clear. What Ted needs is not prayer and healing from above, he needs a good honest man to make him a man. Too bad he can't admit it.

Interesting that his wife is sticking by his side.
He should be honest with her.

Well, why not? Afterall, it's her fault!

1 comment:

Graeme said...

I think he is on that Jesus camp movie that is coming to the Fargo Theatre