Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pardon me for wondering

Ok, I have to ask. Did anyone else wonder why this story (Russian smuggled nuclear-bomb uranium) that appeared on CNN.com tonight has been kept under wraps since last summer? I usually don't go in for conspiracy theories, but . . is it coincedence that this came out one day after GW's gloom and doom State of the Union address? I mean, the sting happened last summer! The perpetrator has already been arrested, charged and convicted! According to the article:

Details of the investigation, which also involved the FBI and Energy Department, were provided to The Associated Press by U.S. officials and Georgian Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili.


That means the US government released the information by choice today.

This is my speculation, but I think this was released today to bolster Bush's pro-war agenda after his speech. This is an important piece of news. If (when) "nucular" material does get into the hands of terrorists, we are all in trouble. Why wasn't this news reported last summer? Using information that is vital to all of our safety for political agendas is disgraceful.

Man, the last few years have really turned me into a pessimist.

1 comment:

Graeme said...

so true. I didn't realize the arrest was made last summer